Hope y’all like it.
Looking through the New England Journal of Medicine, I’m fascinated by the study of 215 pregnant women who delivered infants at the New York–Presbyterian Allen Hospital and Columbia University Irving Medical Center Between March 22 and April 4, 2020. All the women were screened on admission for symptoms of Covid-19. Four women (1.9%) had fever or other symptoms of Covid-19 on admission, and all 4 women tested positive.
Of the 215 women, 211, 99.5%, did not have symptoms.
33 of the 215 tested Positive for COVID – a whopping 15% ‘got it’ rate
29 of the 33 had no symptoms – In other words, 89% who ‘got it’ had no symptoms
Here’s the kicker, those 29 had the anti-bodies that indicated they already had the disease and recovered. Or were asymptomatic from the start. The fear that pours out of our 24X7 news cycle and the disasterous policy decisions based on bad math and wrong models will hopefully generate a fierce national debate. The bottom line is that pregnant ladies in the study and multiple eye opening events are already showing us that Covid-19 will probably have a smaller national impact than a medium to hard flu season. One thing for sure – because it is Novel, we’ll all get it. We can’t put mask and gloves on that.
Several Correlations struck me about Covid-19:
- A year ago, Gov Cuomo and the NY Legislature cheered the legalization of abortion up to birth.
- A year ago, 18,000 people crammed Times Square to watch a 3D Ultra Sound of a baby in the third trimester. When that video played on screens across the square, you could hear a pin drop.
- That night, I dreamed of Times Square completely empty.
- Two weeks ago, the front page of the NY Times and Epoch Times were that picture of Times Square, Empty.
- The lesson I pulled from that is NY, the Epicenter of Abortion, is also the epicenter of Covid
- This is no accident. We the People are being tutored in life… Along the way, we’ve lost our freedom to worship, our jobs, our wealth, and even March Madness, NBA playoffs, and graduations from elementary school to University… And so much that we arrogantly presumed was our culture and our rights.
This brings me to my second point: For the first time in our history, the US government in many cities and states actively moved to block people of faith from worshiping.
- The church in the first century met in secret in people’s living rooms
- The End Times church will probably be like the first century church and have to meet in secret in people’s living rooms
- Easter weekend, the Church in North America got a test run on what that looks like.
We’ve foolishly done this to ourselves.
Think of this as our 30 day trial of communism. It’s a result of taking Logic and Reasoning out of High School curriculums in the 70s, erasing prayer from public school, and removing the Bible from public education. In other words, We the People are uninformed, can’t reason and think, and stepped away from the God who blesses us on tests, in fox holes when mortars are whistling in, and who can restore us from the plague afflicting our nation if we ask.